PRPT - Shooting Tournament - Sat 7PM PST?

SomeKnob

PRPT - Shooting Tournament - Sat 7PM PST?

Post by SomeKnob » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:10 pm

There's currently plans to have a shooting tournament if enough PCs are interested. Right now it's planned for 29/07 at 7PM though this can easily be rearranged. If you're eager to attend this event but the stated time doesn't work for you, then feel free to either post here or PM me and I'll try and move it to a time that's more convenient.

Akari

Re: PRPT - Shooting Tournament - Sat 7PM PST?

Post by Akari » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 am

Sounds fun!

One thing to think about - I could make it so that the difficulty in making the shot is affected by the size of the target, so shooting smaller items could be harder but worth more points.

However, even if I write some code for it, the change won't likely be live on 7/29 unless Japh has time while he's away to integrate the change.

Just FYI. Not saying not to hold it this Saturday, but there could be more variety in targets and shot difficulty if you wait for the change to be live. :)

TheEbonPlague
Bug Finding Maestro

Re: PRPT - Shooting Tournament - Sat 7PM PST?

Post by TheEbonPlague » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Couldn't you theoretically make a mob thats a 'target' with stupid high amounts of HP that doesn't fight back and whatnot. Then make the target have multiple layers of 'bodyparts' so that the parts are all attached to the others and are layers down. Then someone can pop a random shot at the target and maybe get lucky but people can actually target the 'bullseye' slot. Then we can do a point system based on what 'body part' the shot lands on